- Your Ventura County Lawyer® at Christina Vanarelli, Inc., A Professional Law Corporation
January 1, 2014 – Present
- Law Offices of Mark Pachowicz, A Professional Law Corporation
May 26, 2006 – December 31, 2013
- Senior Associate, handling a caseload of criminal, juvenile, and civil litigation matters from beginning to end. Civil litigation practice consisted primarily of business and real estate matters. Extensive experience in all aspects of litigation, including criminal and civil jury trials. 95% of cases in Ventura County Superior Court. Solid rapport with the local bench and bar. Approved for court appointment in criminal and juvenile delinquency cases.
- Self Employed – Law Clerk/Banking Consultant
March 2004 – May 2006, while in law school
- Vesco v. Superior Court (Newcomb) (2013) 221 Cal.App.4th 275
- Instructor – “Street Law” – La Cuesta Continuation High School (2003 – 2005)
- Guest instructor – Ventura College of Law (October 2012, Civil Procedure)
- When Business Meets Pleasure: Ethical Considerations in Personal Relationships of the Legal Professional (MCLE Program – July 2012)
CERTIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
- Juris Doctor, Ventura College of Law, 2006
COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT / PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Founder/CEO – Ventura County Legal Services, Inc. (2015 – present)
- 2018 President – Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association (board member since January 2013)
- Member, Legal Services Trust Fund Commission of the State Bar of California (Since October 2011; co-chair 2014-2015)
- Judging Official – USA Gymnastics and United States Association of Independent Gymnastics Clubs (Since 2004)
- Board of Directors, Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Tri-Counties (1997-2003; 2011-2017)
- Board of Directors, Ventura County Bar Association (January 2011 – April 2014)
- Board of Trustees, VCBA-Volunteer Lawyer Services Program, Inc. (July 2013 – December 2013)
- Board of Directors, Barristers of the Ventura County Bar Association (2006 – 2012; President, 2011)
- Mock Trial Team Coach – Thousand Oaks High School (2010-2012)
- Past President – Woodbridge Park Homeowners Association (198 units)
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Finalist – 2013 Trial Lawyer of the Year (Ventura County Trial Lawyers Association)
- Finalist – 2004 Richard Abbe Moot Court Competition
- First Place – 2002 Stanford Technology Law Review Paper Contest
- 2001 Admission Scholarship to Ventura College of Law (highest LSAT score)
- Business First National Bank, Santa Barbara, CA (October 1999 – June 2004)
- Vice President/Chief Technology Officer and Operations Administrator
Reporting directly to the president, I was responsible for all non-lending operational activities of the bank. I created and implemented procedures for all areas within my responsibility (described below). I managed and developed staff, and provided guidance to encourage their career advancement. I was responsible for personally reviewing transaction activity for exceptions and suspected fraud, and taking action where appropriate to minimize risk of fraud. In addition, my responsibilities included “tightening” procedures and controls to mitigate risk, optimize efficiency, and ensure compliance with current laws and regulations. I also conducted regular audits as well as operational and compliance training.
- Information Systems – Oversaw item processing, data processing, ACH, and PC/Network Administration functions of the Bank. This department also houses all “Special Products” within the bank, such as Internet banking, merchant bankcard processing, and credit cards. (Data Processing Manager reported to me).
- Operations – Oversaw branch operations (Operations Officer reported to me); review and approve all new accounts and transaction exceptions.
- Facilities – Oversaw Facilities and Purchasing (Facilities Manager reported to me), including physical and data security and business recovery planning.
- Goleta National Bank, Goleta, CA (June 1999 – October 1999)
Assistant Vice President/Information Systems Manager
- Oversaw data processing, item processing, proof and transit, and ACH operations for the bank.
- Managed the data processing function for the bank’s parent and subsidiary companies.
- Year 2000 project manager for Goleta National Bank and its sister bank, Palomar Savings and Loan.
- City Commerce Bank, Santa Barbara, CA (August 1995 – June 1999)
Assistant Vice President/Information Services Officer (June 1998 – June 1999)
- Managed data processing, item processing, proof and transit, network administration, and PC support areas within the bank.
- Designed Year 2000 Readiness Plan, which later became the model for three other community banks; lead a team of senior officers in its implementation and successful completion.
- Directed data conversion of purchased loan portfolios.
Operations Officer (August 1995 – June 1998)
- Opened the bank’s Oxnard branch to introduce its presence in Ventura County.
- Conducted bank-wide compliance training.
- Wrote over 100 operating procedures.
- Audited and corrected all mainframe specifications, ensuring that loan and deposit accounts behave as disclosed to customers.